gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2009 Montana RL 3400 and I had to replace the box

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Montana RL 3400 and I had to replace the box where the Electric stabilizer jacks switch is located and now my switch doesn't work and the switch for the slides doesn't work either. I checked all the fuses and the 30 amp in line fuse by the battery. Is there another in line fuse somewhere that I might check.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I checked all the wires that I can see by the switch box and check the fuses and main breaker the front feet work that left the camper
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I keep the camper plugged up all winter but, I had to unplug it a few times during the last few months moving stuff around in the building that I store it in
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Did the batteries freeze or are they new? Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing here? That would be the quickest way to track this down. It might be just a tripped shortstop breaker. A meter is about $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier response to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! Please let me know if you need me to resend it or if you have already resolved the issue you asked about. Thanks!