gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2004 Forest River Lexington 255 GT. There's An

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Forest River Lexington 255 GT. There's An Plastic assembly contraption mounted on the frame on the E450 chassis about 6' forward of the rear axil on the left side. It's something like 6" diameter x 48"long with many tubes and hoses coming out and going in. What is this for? A rear plastic tube which appears empty has been chewed and destroyed by mice and is hanging down. What is this for and what should I do to repair it?
JA: What year is your GT?
Customer: Like I said 2004
JA: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not done anything yet as I need to know what it is. Please read my question
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

N​ot quite sure from that description. Any chance you can take a photo of that and attach it to your post? Use the paperclip icon for that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My son seems to think this comes with the E450 class c chassis. Are you familiar with these?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Yes, I have an RV shop and work on these, but no way to tell from that description what that might be so a photo would tie that down.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
see attached picture
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Randall, did you get my picture?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Sorry..........I was out on a Service Call. I have no idea what that is. I will put your question back up on the board again. Perhaps another tech may have something to add. They come can go daily, so I don't know when that might be.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
far I haven't heard from anyone
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I​ guess none of us here recognize that from the photo. You might want to call in a mobile tech to take a look at that for you if you can't get into a dealer. Most RV parks can recommend one or two good ones that work in that area. No name tags or other markings on this?