Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Rge 400 propane fridge about 10 years old used seasonal runs

Customer Question

Rge 400 propane fridge about 10 years old used seasonal runs about 24 hrs. Then shuts off. Cleaned burner etc as per manual yesterday shut it self off today. Now restarted and running. Why would it do this?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Domestic RGE 400
JA: What is the model of your '10 RV?
Customer: It is not in an RV. It is in my cottage.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've removed the burner cover cleaned the burner tube , the burner jet and flue, checked the distance from electrode to burner tube and re assembled after checking for leaks.
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: The main hose is ten years old and outside the cottage it has been exposed to marine shore weather. There is no driving.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

When was the last time the LP pressure at the tank regulator was checked? I would start there if you haven't done it in the last year. Low LP pressure is responsible for about 50% of the LP problems on these fridges. Let me know what happens and we can dig deeper into this if needed. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.