RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Rge 400 propane fridge about 10 years old used seasonal runs…

Customer Question
Rge 400 propane fridge...

Rge 400 propane fridge about 10 years old used seasonal runs about 24 hrs. Then shuts off. Cleaned burner etc as per manual yesterday shut it self off today. Now restarted and running. Why would it do this?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Domestic RGE 400

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 RV?

It is not in an RV. It is in my cottage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've removed the burner cover cleaned the burner tube , the burner jet and flue, checked the distance from electrode to burner tube and re assembled after checking for leaks.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

The main hose is ten years old and outside the cottage it has been exposed to marine shore weather. There is no driving.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
8/1/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

When was the last time the LP pressure at the tank regulator was checked? I would start there if you haven't done it in the last year. Low LP pressure is responsible for about 50% of the LP problems on these fridges. Let me know what happens and we can dig deeper into this if needed. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification