gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have an electrical problem with my RV slide Both slides

Customer Question

I have an electrical problem with my RV slide Both slides are non functioning
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Everything else is working I replaced the 30 am reset fuse Its an 05 Couger 293 the 33' double slide
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I only know of one That is in the kitchen
JA: What is the model of your '05 RV?
Customer: 295
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced a 30 am fuse in the battery compartment Then I checked the onboard fuse box and breakers
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I can tell you that only having one battery is going to lead to problems. Many dealers are not adding the second battery these are supposed to have so they can save $100 on the sale! And are you plugged into shore power now or not? That would be making the battery work overtime! If you have a small digital multimeter this is much easier to track down. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use and I can direct you in some testing.