RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The wiring connected to the GFI is out. I reset the GFI in…

Customer Question
The wiring connected to...

The wiring connected to the GFI is out. I reset the GFI in the bathroom that is the only one I could find. I also reset the breaker that poped. I still have some power on. I was told that the generator hook up has a box that might have to be straight wired. I Have no generator I have reset the fuse and GSI no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Fridge and TV out also

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2007 Monte Vista Ductchman I need a wireing diagram so I can chase this down

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far I have to it takes to long to get it in for any repares.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it was working then it blew a breaker

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
7/31/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

No wiring diagrams for this unfortunately. Do you have a small digital multimeter so we can do some testing? About $20 or so at most hardware stores. And easy to use. I can direct you in some testing.

Randall,
I went and bought a GFI all tough it looks like it has some power to it because the red light comes on after reset but all the wiring including the refrigerator is still out can not work on it tonight but Wednesday for sure. It was working just before it went out we were making coffee and using an outside skillet for the Sourdough pancakes when it went it tripped the breaker and the GFI. I reset everything but still no power. It did rain the night and several nights before so I will check for water on the outside outlet and dry with a compressor blow it out also I will do the refrigerator connection in the housing on the outside. If I do these one at a time I should be able to track it down if all of this does not work then I was told it the same thing happened to one of the other campers at a different time and the RV dealer went to the converter box from the generator and wired it straight through. I do not have a generator but it is wired for one. 2008 Montivista By Dutchman. I have had and fixed several of their poor workmanship already.
I might have to contact you again Wed or Thursday. I will surely let you know so that you can help others like me if I locate it.
Thanks. Not done yet.

Grab a small digital multimeter and we can track down the problem. About $20 or so at most hardware stores.

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic