RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We got home from a trip and the following message appeared…

Customer Question
We got home from a...
We got home from a trip and the following message appeared in our message center: No activity J1850, J1939. What does this mean?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
8/1/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The J1850 bus is a data communications circuit used to send information to the dash gauge cluster from the engine and/or trans. computers. This information is typically vehicle speed, engine temp., oil pressure, engine speed, fuel level, etc., all the stuff needed for the gauges to display their readings and the trip computer to make its calculations. If for some reason the data circuit is open or shorted, the message you saw will appear on the dash. It basically means the dash cluster is not receiving the info. it needs from the data line.

The J1939 error indicates loss of communication on the electronic data bus. This could be a loose connector, an intermittent wire fault or a multitude of other problems its a similar problem as prev code the other code and this code they are similar to each other.

Check your battery voltage make sure it is good as low voltage can cause issues, also try and disconnect the chassis battery cables for about 20 mins and see if that helps out at all.

Hope this helps some....... Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic