RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a camper with a model RM2354 dometic refrigerator.

Customer Question
Hello, my name is***** have...
Hello, my name is***** have a camper with a model RM2354 dometic refrigerator. Its about 2 years old. works fine in AC mode, but when I switch it to DC mode, such as while we are towing, it starts to make a loud clicking sound (in the control panel) and cycles rapidly on and off. I noted it also affects the DC light if it is on in the same way.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Hi Pearl, Just went to check,.. it is coming from the lower back part of the unit. i heard it clearly through the vent on the outside of the camper.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2015 Aliner Expedition
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just checking to see if there's something simple bfore I go to a dealer. I had the battery tested to make sure it was charging(it was), and I checked the DC light with the fridge off to make sure it wasn't the DC system. In auto mode, it goes to gas if no A/C(which it is supposed to), and i can hear the pilot light trying to ignite..diferrent clicking. Other than that-nothing else.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope...thanks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
7/31/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok

That sounds like it might be a short someplace..........maybe in the heating element itself. That can be easily checked if you have a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores. Easy to do and I can direct you in this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

oops..no thanks on the call...actually. i didn't know this would cost $50 in the first place, can I cancel the order?

Yes, but having me assist you in fixing this is a lot cheaper than a trip to the shop and much faster. One reason our site is so popular!

Randall, I appreciate what you're saying..but I'd like to cancel the order. thx

Submitted for you.

thank you sir.
gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic