Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1995 Dutch star motor home what type of material is

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Dutch star motor home what type of material is the roof made of and what is recommend for sealing it
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: I need to seal the roof what is recommended for 1995 Dutch star.
JA: What is the model of your '95 RV?
Customer: It is a newmar Dutch star motor home 36 feet long.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to know what material the roof is made from so I can purchase the correct material for sealing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Some were fiberglass and some were EPDM rubber. In either case, you can reseal as needed using Dicor 501 lap sealant. Clean the existing loose seal off and wash throughly with a mixture or TSP and dishsoap. Then let it dry well and apply. Uses a caulking gun and comes out like thin toothpaste. Self-leveling and it won't crack or harden. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks