RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I HAVE A 2015 ITASCA SPIRIT SILVER. IT HAS A DOUBLE WIDE…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2015...

I HAVE A 2015 ITASCA SPIRIT SILVER. IT HAS A DOUBLE WIDE NORCO REFRIGERATOR. WHEN I TRY TO TURN IT ON IT JUST BEEPS. WHEN I OPEN THE OUTSIDE CASING AND LOOK AT THE BACK OF IT THERE IS A RED LIGHT THAT IS BLINKING. THIS UNIT WAS NOT PART OF THE RECALL. HELP

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

STAYS ON STEADY. IT IS THE LIGHT ON THE BACK OF THE UNIT THAT I ACCESS THROUGH OUTSIDE OF THE RV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spirit yourself? What have you tried so far?

I UNDERSTAND THERE IS A WAY TO "RE SET" IT AND I NEED TO TRY TO DO THAT BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IT INTO A SHOP FOR WEEKS.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THERE IS NO AMONIA SMELL SO I THINK THAT IS GOOD NEWS

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
7/31/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 9 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this a fast flash or slow flash?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Hi Pete, my name is Carol. My husband says it was a steady red light.
The RV is not at my home right now so a call might not be helpful at this time. I will leave that option open.
are you still there

Hi Carol, no need for the call as that is a feature the web site offers all customers

O.k.,the reset procedure I have found is shown below.You will need a strong magnet to do this and in some cases the cover has to be removed from this panel to reset it.Make sure the fridge has completely cooled down as well.

If this does not work then you will have to have the fridge looked into to locate the fault with it which may require a dealer or experienced repair facility to do this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vmgsbsnmhh2s5b/r-07-31.jpg?dl=0

The control can be reset if and only if the boiler has cooled. Restated, the Norcold temperature sensor is not hot. It is possible to disconnect the temperature sensor plug found between the +12VIN and +12VOUT wires and put a jumper between these wires in order to fool the control. A strong magnet held for greater than 5 seconds should reset the control.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician