gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

The Dometic refrigerator model 2600, does not cool down on

Customer Question

The Dometic refrigerator model 2600, does not cool down on gaz or electricity
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: The gaz burner is working I can see the flame but it is not cooling
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1986 CL 3000 I think
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Clean the burner, and I have light inside' I can see it start on gaz, and I can feel the heat on the chimney
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a way to test the thermostat, and if there is a way to test for amoniac in the tubes !
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

S​o the boiler and tubing are hot or warm and the fridge isn't cooling? Any yellowish debris around the base of the burner? Any noise coming from the cooling unit? And is the fridge level?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed by earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!