RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I want to get my 2015 ford transit connect LWB titanium

Customer Question
I want to get...

I want to get my 2015 ford transit connect LWB titanium converted to a mini-van with a pull kitchen and also a shower head stall using the hatch lift up trunk with a shower curtain. do you know someone whom could do this conversion for me please, it has three rows of seats?

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

It has a one piece hatch back that when open is parallel to the van's roof so beneath it could be a stall shower with just a shower head with both hot & cold water

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit Connect yourself? What have you tried so far?

I dont have full use of my arms, so I have been dreaming and looking things up on line. I dont get the van until tomorrow but I'm not strong enough to install insulation ann I cant do lighting or plumbing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, my dad barely walks with a walker but he and I will want him to be able to take a ride in it sometimes, I cant figure out if he would just need a heavy duty foam wedge to use with his slimmest walker. or if I need to get a side entry roll-a-ramp and then transfer him seated on the passenger seat swiveled to the back and then swivel his passenger seat to the front to let him look out the windshield during the drive. I dont want a conversion with rear entry and would like to avoid dropping floor anyway

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
7/30/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Here is a list of companies that are in this business which could help you.

http://pleasureway.com/ They have American sites

http://sportsmobile.com/

http://www.camper-van-fun.com/mini-camper.html

https://www.vanspecialties.com/van-customization-services/van-conversions/

https://www.classicvans.com/

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I actually have already seen this list of suppliers on-line on google. my question is much for specific to my particular vehicle make & model. whom have you seen do this particular camper conversion that I have described? whom have you seen do a simple ramp solution like those I have supplied? i dont want to send my van all over the country. I live in Brooklyn, NY and want one location camper conversion & mobility van genius

I have never had some one do this to an RV I own. So no I have not visually seen it occur. I have just seen the results of them altered and worked on them once altered. I will opt out since this info is not what your needing. Best of luck.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I​ think the one he gave you in Oregon would be able to do what you need. Did you contact them? This is a very specialized field and you may have to look around quite a bit to find one in your area if in fact there are any. Perhaps Van Specialties would be able to recommend one for you. Most people in that line of work know others who are as well. That would be at least worth a call. Please let me know if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to call Van Specialties about this project? Or did they recommend someone closer to you?

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification