peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I am not getting tv or cable to any of my tv's. I connected

Customer Question

I am not getting tv or cable to any of my tv's. I connected an external antenna to one and did get a picture. Also, the DVD player does work. I am guessing that I have the selector box setting wrong but could use some help.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2008 fleet wood providence 40x.
JA: What is the model of your '08 RV?
Customer: Providence 40X
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just tried to trace and make sense of the wiring to and from the tv's.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I have to checked the fuse but the tv's have power as does the DVD player. Is there a specific fuse to check?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I also seem to have a satilight dome on top of the RV but no signs of sat. TV. How to I use this system?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the cable tv cabling checked for being disconnected, damaged or loose this needs done to see if this is the cause here.I have seen in several cases before where this can come loose or can come apart and causes this issue.If this is o.k. this may be a fault with the selection box itself with it needing replaced.It may short out or fail internally causing this issue here in some cases.This would have to be tested further to locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete