Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have an R.pod 171 & have it camping for only the 2nd time.

Customer Question

I have an R.pod 171 & have it camping for only the 2nd time. I can't figure out how to make the refrigerator come on. Electricity is hooked to everything else.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: It's 171, 2017
JA: What is the model of your '17 RV?
Customer: Where would I find that? The owners manual doesn't say. The pod has a frog in a boat on the side of it!
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pushing all the buttons on the top left of the door, one at a time. Triangle, making it get warmer & colder, the button with a vertical line in it & the plug in button
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything except it worked fine 2 mo. Ago when I camped.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

W​hich fridge do you have? They have several that are used. Make and model are on the data tag on the inside of the box.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's a Dometic. I see no make & model tag.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

O​pen up the door and look on the inside wall.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just tell me please. I'm disappointed this problem seems to be a money grabber. I'm surprised Forest River would do this.
I left the door open & it beeped.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hard for me to be specific now knowing which fridge model you have. They put more than one model in these. It is probably an RM8500 series, but I don't know that for sure. Take a look at this manual and see if this matches yours. Didn't the dealer bother to show you how this worked? No manual? http://www.caravanfridges.co.uk/pdf-manuals/rm-rms-rml-operation-manual.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

There is only one fee here........no matter if there are one or two exchanges or 40 of them.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I am adding a link to the Dometic 8000 series fridge Service Manual. It tells you absolutely anything about this fridge you need to know. Print it out so you have it. IF the fridge won't come on you need to check the fuse in your load center or make sure that the battery(s) are charged up so you have enough power to operate it. let me know if you need more on this later. No time limit on follow ups. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM8xxx.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That picture doesn't look like mine. I swear there's no tag w/model no.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

H​ow about can you attach a photo of your fridge to your post using the paperclip icon so I can see it? That would help. I mainly want to see the display.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

L​et me know if your display looks like the one on page 27.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took a picture & hit "use it". I have no idea where it went & don't see a paperclip icon.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

G​ot it.........let me do some checking.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I​ think this is the newer DMR702 model that they are installing now. No User's Manual that came with it? I can't even find one online. What does that yellow tag say as I can' read it?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I think that "I" button is the "on/off" and then you push the button you want for mode. Don't use the battery symbol unless you are moving and have the charge line hooked up from the tow vehicle. Any lights come on at all when you do this and chose LP for instance?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I can give Dometic Technical a call first thing in the morning and get a set of operating instructions on this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know if there's a user manual, it may be at home if there is. Tag says RESET ,Dometic , & has a finger touching the triangle button. And "reset" in 7 languages. I just pushed reset again & it binged, something it didn't ever do yesterday.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

D​id the display come on at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The lights have always been on. It binged, something it hasn't done before.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Set the temp up to maximum. Give it a few hours. Or if there is a flashing light let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The temp has been set at max since I've been here. No flashing light.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Which mode are you using? If you are plugged into shore power push the "Plug" icon down.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Electric. They were all lit up before, now just electric. It's starting to cool now. I have no idea why it binged this morning & wouldnt yesterday. Thank you.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Great! Let me know what happens. I will get you a manual tomorrow.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks. I'd rather have a paper one than online, but that probably isn't an option.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You can call Dometic Customer Service and get one. Or print out the link I send you.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I am still waiting for a copy of the User's Manual from Dometic............

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Dometic finally did get me that User's Manual. If you need a copy, please add an e-mail addy.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I will mail that as soon as I get home........out to breakfast with my wife.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, thanks. Happy breakfast!
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hope so!