RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Im replacing the thermostat in 1996 rv I have an older

Customer Question
Im replacing the thermostat...

Im replacing the thermostat in 1996 rv I have an older thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

The wiring is

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Rh h

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 RV?

Wiring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I purchase a honeywell rth11 and the old one has wiresrh h w y g rc but the new one donot have an h

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Wath is the h wire suppost to connect to

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
7/29/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is the Honeywell for cool only or both heat and cool? Many of these are not compatible with the OEM systems. What make and model was the old thermostat?

national sea breeze I need to know what is the h wire for

Did you see the questions I asked?

In the new honeywell thermostat I do not have a spot for the h wire that the old one had
Gas heat and air conditioning
Honeywell rth111
Duo therm
Domestic
Rsv420k62

I will post it again here........guess you didn't see it before. Is the Honeywell for cool only or both heat and cool? Many of these are not compatible with the OEM systems. What make and model was the old thermostat?

D​ometic used some analog slide control thermostats and a number of digital models, but that number isn't one of them. Are you sure that it wasn't a Coleman product?

Old one.......let me take a look at the Honeywell model you mentioned and get back to you shortly.

That is a digital thermostat and not going to be compatible with the old control box you have now. If you want to upgrade to a digital thermostat you should consider a Dometic Single Zone thermostat kit. Comes with the thermostat and control box. About $80 or so and available in many places online. I am adding a link to one. I can help you wire that one up. https://www.makariosrv.com/dometic-single-zone-lcd-white-thermostat-upgrade-kit-3316230-000/

Just checking back to see if perhaps you missed my previous response to your question? Not hard to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend this please let me know. Thanks!

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification