Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Im replacing the thermostat in 1996 rv I have an older

Customer Question

Im replacing the thermostat in 1996 rv I have an older thermostat
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: the wiring is
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: rh h
JA: What is the model of your '96 RV?
Customer: wiring
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I purchase a honeywell rth11 and the old one has wiresrh h w y g rc but the new one donot have an h
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: wath is the h wire suppost to connect to
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Is the Honeywell for cool only or both heat and cool? Many of these are not compatible with the OEM systems. What make and model was the old thermostat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
national sea breeze I need to know what is the h wire for
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Did you see the questions I asked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In the new honeywell thermostat I do not have a spot for the h wire that the old one had
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gas heat and air conditioning
Honeywell rth111
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Duo therm
Domestic
Rsv420k62
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I will post it again here........guess you didn't see it before. Is the Honeywell for cool only or both heat and cool? Many of these are not compatible with the OEM systems. What make and model was the old thermostat?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

D​ometic used some analog slide control thermostats and a number of digital models, but that number isn't one of them. Are you sure that it wasn't a Coleman product?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Take a look
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Old one.......let me take a look at the Honeywell model you mentioned and get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

That is a digital thermostat and not going to be compatible with the old control box you have now. If you want to upgrade to a digital thermostat you should consider a Dometic Single Zone thermostat kit. Comes with the thermostat and control box. About $80 or so and available in many places online. I am adding a link to one. I can help you wire that one up. https://www.makariosrv.com/dometic-single-zone-lcd-white-thermostat-upgrade-kit-3316230-000/

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back to see if perhaps you missed my previous response to your question? Not hard to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend this please let me know. Thanks!