Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Number 1 AC has rust coming from top unit, freon unit is

Customer Question

Number 1 AC has rust coming from top unit
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: freon unit is sealed unit right?
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 38B
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Fleetwood is checking it out and said weep holes were plugged
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The model number of the unit is 48268C969. No maintenance book was provided for my unit.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

T​hat might be true to some extent, but those pans are painted and usually not rusting out. It wouldn't be hard to remove the cover up there and look. Is that something you can do or not? Let me know and I can direct you further here. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

How did you happen to notice that rust was coming out of there? Sounds like you were up there or did someone else report that?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Not hard to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend this please let me know. Thanks!