Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I just was traveling and when I got to my destination with

Customer Question

hi, I just was traveling and when I got to my destination with my camper, my dometic fridge was inop. I was able to troubleshoot it to the thermal fuse (not the thermofuse)> I currently have it bypassed, but am curious what may have cause the fuse to go?
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: I have looked at my doeetic manual - The fridge is not original equipment. However, I have had it in for about 3 years without issue?
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It is a 2002 r-vision 26qbh traillight - The model of the fridge is a dometic dm2652
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing it- hi, I just was traveling and when I got to my destination with my camper, my dometic fridge was inop. I was able to troubleshoot it to the thermal fuse (not the thermofuse)> I currently have it bypassed, but am curious what may have cause the fuse to go?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

T​hat is a heat sensitive item and usually it is caused by a flashback on the ignition of the LP when it first ignites. It can be from debris around the burner and even from not being installed properly. What is the model number of your fridge and I can offer more specific information here? All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limits.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

J​ust saw that in your post.........so see the attached link for a copy of that Service Manual. Print that out so you have it. On that model the placement of the thermofuse is critical and perhaps during the recall kit installation if might not have been correct, but if you haven't been checking the LP pressure every year, it may be too lean due to being to low. I would check that as soon as you can. http://www.fourwh.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf