peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

2017 messRidge, cable slide won't open, 2017 highland ridge,

Customer Question

2017 messRidge
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: cable slide won't open
JA: What is the model of your '17 RV?
Customer: 2017 highland ridge, mesa ridge closed slide this morning, got to campsite this afternoon, pressed switch to open, slide does not move.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried changing fuses, made sure was level
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Inside trailer there is box switches are in one and below that fuse box.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Any suggestions
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gave wrong number(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model # 323rls
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Make sure any brake on this model is set as well.If this is all o.k. this can be due to an electrical fault with the switch or control unit that controls this slide at fault.Since this is a 2017 model this should be covered by and repaired under warranty at no charge to you by a dealer and it may have to go to a dealer to have it repaired.In some cases if close enough a dealer may be able to send out a technician to inspect and repair it where you are at now.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete