RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a Dometic RM 2807 that Lloyd not work on gas. The check…

Customer Question
Have a Dometic RM...

Have a Dometic RM 2807 that Lloyd not work on gas. The check light comes on. I removed the exterior cover to check the burner of obstruction etc. All good. I turned the fridge on and set to gas and hear a single click similar to a relay activating. No audible spark clicking is heard. I used a BBQ igniter to manually light the burner this produced a perfect blue flame across a ports. The fridge walked perfect. I ran it for an hr. To be sure all good. Turned the unit off and tried to restart it only to get the same situation. Fuses 3 and 5 amp test good. Is this the ignitor or the electrode. Can't find a manual specific to my model.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

1995 newmar MA, 3460, 61,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '95 RV?

Starts and runs perfect.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fixing myself, I am a licensed mechanic with both car and truck licenses (canada) I have only tested the fuses, made sure it is clean and manually started it. No further repairs or testing done. Works perfect on AC or if I start it. Not sparking to light the burner.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is the logical fix. I am thinking the electrode which provides the spark is bad.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
7/28/2017
RV Mechanic: TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is going to be a bad ignitor, the electrode is just that, and does not where out or break, it just provides the point for the spark, the ignitor actually prduces the electricity for the spark, replace the ignitor,Tim