Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2014 Winnibago which is on a F450 Chassis. I have a

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Winnibago which is on a F450 Chassis. I have a short in the park lights that also affects the instrument cluster light. The 20 amp fuse blows when I switch on the park lights.
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your F450?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your F450 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it to the Winnibago dealer and they say it is a Ford issue. I have taken it to the Ford dealer and he says he cannot work on any RV's over 24 ft Class C's. So I am trying to diagnose and solve it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are 4 wires going into the back of the light switch in the dash. The left one beeps when I test for ground. The next one is a red and yellow wire and it shows ground. The next one does not show ground and the 4th one is brown and it shows ground. I have also examined all the running light bulbs and they are fine. When I test the live side in one of the running lights it shows ground.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just tested a couple other things to confirm what is what at the switch and now know that the tan/white wire is hot in for the park lights and the brown one is line out to the park lights and it is showing the short to ground.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Can I get the vin# ***** confirm I am looking at the correct wire diagrams?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
VIN is IF64F5DY7E0A09396

Thanks, ***** ***** a 2014 F53 chassis.

We need to isolate portions of the circuit to find which leg is blowing the fuse. Use the links below. Remove connector 140 and remove pin 16 brown wire from it and test with another fuse and let me know the results.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25y7a32vkcbi1rk/140.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufk3eqreixg12y5/1401.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03eqxjt83d8myye/1402.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris