peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2017 sunseeker 2500 motorhome. One of the firestone

Customer Question

I have a 2017 sunseeker 2500 motorhome. One of the firestone air springs has a leak in it. We are on the road and now in Madison, WI. I have talked to Kyle Davis at FR and he has given me an okay to get it replaced at a ford Truck center here. I have the part coming on Monday. My question is Ford Truck Center would like to know any specifics on what is best way to jack it up and replace the air spring. Where can I find this info
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter? Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We bought the RV last Oct new. Ford Truck center is doing it since can't get it into a forest river shop. I'm not doing it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately the replacement info has to come from the facility that gave you the o.k. to have it replaced elsewhere.They can usually fax this info over to the facility you are at now to have it replaced.This is a dealer replacement procedure being a new 2017 model that they will have to fax to them as there isnt any after market info out there right now for anyone to post that I see on how to replace this.When a model is new like this unfortunately the dealer is the only one that will have the replacement info but should be able to fax it to the repair center at no charge.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?