RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 28 foot RV trailer, 120V 30 amp service. It was…

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have a 28 foot RV trailer, 120V 30 amp service. It was plugged in to a 240v service. connecting back in correct voltage with main and breaker and branch ct breakers on and now the frig, ac, and micro wave has no power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

The DC fuses are all ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CT?

Trailer is 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will trouble shoot but havent

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The main breaker works and one ac branch ct is ok

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
7/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

When you hook up to 240 volts it can be very damaging to the appliances. IF the outlet for the fridge and microwave have power then you could have a blown fuse on each.

The microwave should have an internal fuse and many times you have to drop the microwave out of the enclosure to get at it.

On the fridge under the outside access panel you will have a circuit board, on the circuit board will be a DC and AC fuse need to make sure that they do not blow.

The Roof AC also might have a fuse on the control board inside the AC unit depending on the make and model.

If the fuses are good it is possible the circuit boards in each appliance are bad, they do not handle voltage change like that very well. Make sure the outlets have power and then troubleshoot each appliance.

IF you need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can, I do work as a RV tech during the day....

Robert

Also if the outlet for the fridge has power make sure you unplug it before removing the cover for the board, you do not want to touch the AC fuse when it is plugged in....

The roof AC and fridge need DC voltage to turn ON and then they use AC voltage.

Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Thanks, Robert