gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

2011 keystone avalanche 290rl no hot water I have reset the

Customer Question

2011 keystone avalanche 290rl no hot water I have reset the reset button but it stays on the red light
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the water heater reset button
JA: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my boyfriend has turned over the propane tanks so they are filled my air conditioner is working just not hot water
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just the water heater reset button stay on the ref light it won't go off and the water heater is staying lit it will for a while then shuts off so why is my air conditioner working thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

What is the make and model of the water heater???? Should be a sticker with that info under the outside access panel..

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks if we get disconnect you can get a hold of me by cell number thanks karen
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just one second
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

There is an added fee for a phone service, which might help in this case. OR we can continue in this format...

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sw12de
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did my Payment go thru
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

That is a suburban.... Under the outside access panel you will see a BRASS relief valve, it will have a handle on it. IF you pull up on the handle is the water coming out of the pressure relief valve VERY HOT? Be-careful when checking.....

No payment did not go through.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did my payment go through
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Yes I just tried to call but no answer, will try again

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

OK

Good talking to you and glad you found the switch you should be getting some hot water.

When the water heater starts sparking you should hear a single click from the gas solenoid valve. IF you do not hear that click then you will not get gas, the gas valve will open up the same time it starts to spark. IF that is not happening I would have the circuit board tested, the circuit board is located on the side of the water heater, follow the orange wire to the circuit board the orange wire will go to the electrode or what sparks.

Most RV shops have a special board tester and can tell if the board is bad.

IF the board checks out good it could be the gas solenoid, you also want to blow out the area where the burner tube is located, it will be below the electrode or what sparks.

Hope this helps you out, let me know if you have more questions please let me know... Robert