peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I've got the same problem described by this guy. I think its

Customer Question

I've got the same problem described by this guy. I think its the brake switch. What do you think?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2005 Jayco Escapade Motorhome. on a trip last week, cruise control and rear turn signals stopped working around the same time.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: yes I checked the fuses. Could not locate a fuse for the cruise control in the manual. but checked and replaced the turn signal fuses. blinks super fast on the dash. Bulbs are fine.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its at my mechanic and he want's to swap the turn signal thing under the dash, but I think its the brake switch near the brake pedal.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this does sound like either a faulty brake switch, multi function switch or a wiring fault to the rear lights.I have seen all of these cause this fault here starting in the order I posted above.

I would have him check for any broken or damaged wiring needing repaired leading to the rear lights.If this is all checked and found o.k. then I would have the brake switch replaced or tested if he has the correct diagrams to do this testing ( unfortunately my info doesnt show the diagrams).

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete