gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

No house power in my 1997 Fleetwood bounder. Also, having

Customer Question

No house power in my 1997 Fleetwood bounder. Also, having trouble with the generator converting DC to AC. Generator runs great. I cannot find the inverter as well. Thank you
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No way to check freon, closed system
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New batteries, checked fuses, checked wiring, plugged into house power and check breakers
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The AC unit blows well but not cold
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any suggestions
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

The generator only makes AC voltage. The inverter/charger or the converter......whichever you have converts it to DC to charge the batteries and provide DC power to the coach. So what do you need to check first here? You will need a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 or so and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. On the A/C you should check the filter first and be sure it is clean. All follow ups are included in our fee. NO time limit.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where would the inverter/charger or the converter be located?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I think this has a straight converter that is integral with the load center where all the fuses and breakers are. Probably a Magnetek unit, but they did build several models and some had stand alone converters. Older ones were Parallax units. See what you have and get back to me. Dark brown and about 18" square along the floorline.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The only box I found was behind the main fuse panel. It is a metal box that is 6*6 with three main wires coming out. The panel is located drivers side on the top above the dining table
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

That isn't it. What is the make and model of your load center?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
May we continue our conversation on Thursday I have to go to Dallas for a couple of days?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Sure. Just Bookmark this and come back to it again later. I am here every day.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just wondering if you need too pick up again on this?