peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My leveling system will not activate. Fleet Terra 2007, 34N,

Customer Question

My leveling system will not activate.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Fleet wood Terra 2007
JA: What is the model of your '07 RV?
Customer: 34N
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to make sure the emergency brake was on, but it acts like the unit does not recognize it is applied.
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: No in both cases, it only has 19,000 miles on it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I apologize as I don't show any diagrams on this model myself.But if there is no indication that the emergency brake is set this will prevent the leveling system from operating.This can be a simple emergency brake position switch/sensor at fault needing replaced.This sensor may be at the brake control itself or at the brake assembly.

This will have to be tested further to see if this needs replaced which will involve the correct diagrams and test equipment.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete