gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Cruise control on a 2004 VW Rialta is not under the AC area

Customer Question

cruise control on a 2004 VW Rialta is not under the AC area of the passenger side, where is it located
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: V^ V6
JA: What is the model of your '04 VW?
Customer: Rialta Winnebago
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the epc light came on because the cruise control is no longer working. In addition, the upper AC unit is not blowing, and the power windows and mirrors stop working. I checked all the fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: lol....let me see...and the generator is not working.
Category: RV
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information

• Vin # of the vehicle
  • what ecm codes are stored when scan test is performed?
  • any recent repairs before this issue?
  • any recent accidents?

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Vin WV3AB47053B079728
Model number RV22HD
No recent repairs, however the AC compressor was replaced a year ago. No recent accidents.I will get the ecm codes for you. However the code had to do with the cruise control. The EPC light came on which has to do with the throttle and cruise control. On the early models the cruise control unit was under he AC vent passenger side, where is it located now? My VW Rialto is a 2004 but the Chasis is a VW Eurovan which was 2003.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.
Please do get the codes. Thanks