peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

2016 passport ultralite 3350 awning anchor bar was pulled

Customer Question

2016 passport ultralite 3350 awning anchor bar was pulled loose by a tree branch. Everything functioning however the 3/8" bolts have pulled away from the trailer. Attempted to ratchet them back in place and believe the hole is stripped. Can I sink the next size bolt 1/2" in their place to fix the issue or is there more to this?
JA: Are you fixing your Passport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, attempted to screw bolts back into holes and when that didn't work stopped to ask for advise
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Inspect the area behind or inside the trailer to see if anything may be an issue with larger sized bolts.In most all cases there will be no issues as these are usually designed for issues like this where when you need to install the larger bolts in place it will not damage anything.Going from 3/8 to 1/2 inch is o.k. and shouldnt affect anything and should correct this issue here.I have done the same before on other model campers and RV's that had the bolt holes stripped out.This shouldnt be an issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete