RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My bedroom slide won't come in. 2016 35g, Itaska Sunova 35 g

Customer Question
My bedroom slide won't come...
My bedroom slide won't come in. 2016 35g
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Itaska Sunova 35 g 2016
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: Model number?
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, checked fuses, and connections, and breakers. Batteries all fully charged
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: There's one at the foot of the bed, and one under the dash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It makes a motor noise if I push out,, but no noise when I push in.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
7/25/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the control switch for the IN position.If it makes noise going out but not in this usually indicates the IN part of the switch is faulty.I have seen the switch fail in the past before prematurely causing this fault here.

You will need to have the switch and wiring tested from the switch to be sure.This will require the correct wiring diagrams to do this testing to be sure.But since it does make noise going out but not in this does sound like the switch is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician