Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I'm in the process of buying a 2007 Four Winds Hurricane and

Customer Question

HI. I'm in the process of buying a 2007 Four Winds Hurricane and trying to figure out if I need an inverter installed to get power without running the generator
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your RV. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I'm a newbie to RV's
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a 2007 Hurricane 34S
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

How much power do you need and for how long?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm trying to figure out if I can use the outlets and A/C in the RV without running the generator. Either while driving or camped through the night with no Power hookup. Does the aux battery allow this or do I need an inverter?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You can use the outlets and a microwave or even a coffee maker as long as you have at least 4-6 VDC golf cart batteries wired up in a Series/Parallel connection for power. No A/C use unless on the generator or on shore power. Magnum makes a good one. I can help you set it up. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would an inverter allow the A/C to run outside of generator hours? If I went with the golf cart battery, where would it be stored?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

No A/C use on the inverter. If you don't have room for 4 batteries now, then you would need to add several in one of the bays close to the others.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How many golf cart batteries would I need? I could put in the compartment where the aux battery is.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You need 4 as I said earlier.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

These are 10.5 x 7 x 11 inches high

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

J​ust checking back in to see if perhaps you missed by earlier response to your question? Easy to do considering how much e-mail most of us get every day! If you need me to resend that please let me know or if you have already resolved the problem. Thanks!