Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a voltage 2012 5th wheel RV. I just plugged my RV in

Customer Question

I have a voltage 2012 5th wheel RV. I just plugged my RV in and now when I try to start my AC, I get and E2 code and the AC will not kick on, any thoughts Thank you so much!!
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no bateries are good, was just working last night off of generator, I plug itin the shore line power and now have the error code
JA: What is the model of your '12 RV?
Customer: not sure roof top mounted ac unit
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked all the breakers, all good, nothing else
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so thank you
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

IS this a Dometic thermostat???

IF so try to disconnect the thermostat for 5 mins and then hook it back up and see if the code goes away. This E-2 code can deal with the inside temp of the RV being to hot, if resetting the thermostat does not work remove it and put it in the fridge or the freezer for about 5 mins and then try again, was a known problem during this time frame with the E-2 code and when the interior temp gets to hot, the code will come off, many times cooling the thermostat off will clear that code.

Let me know if you need more help on this follow ups are included...

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert