Wayne, RV Mechanic
Experience:  Work on several type of Rv engine, Trans, brakes
6825259

I think I left the radio on last night,maybe, This morning I

Customer Question

I think I left the radio on last night,maybe, This morning I went too my start my Motorhome which is a 1992 Coronodo, Chev Chassic, 454 eng,I believe the trans is a 4l80E, I have , when I turned the key on , the speedometer acted Irratic, it jumped from 0 mph too 120 mph, then back too zero, then stuck back at too 120 mph , i disconnected the battery hoping it might reset the speedometer, but didn't work out that way, I am an older retired tech but not familure this type of problem, I have a small hand scanner but this is not obd2 ,so my scanner won't work, I dont know where the plug in for a diagnostic test would be,I live in Tillamook Ore , and don't want too hurt anything when trying too drive it, can you please give me a answer of some what, thank you ***** *****,
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: I can turn the wheel but it did make a small growl noise,and I have an extra key. and the brakes felt a little funny.
JA: What is the model of your '92 RV?
Customer: It's a 1992 Coronodo by Fleetwood, Chev Chassic,
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am medically retired ,and trying too fix myself due too my income status .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just bought this about a month ago, its very clean, hard too tell milage, its digital and doesn't read that well , the guy that i bought it from said it had 28k when i hit the trip/ speedo button, the first side looks like it say's 28k and when i hit the button again, it say's OD 9,876,1 miles
Category: RV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did wash the coach the day prior, the hose did get under the coach, possibly getting things wet,like sensors, I dont know, need help quickly,
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Yes you did get all electrical equipment wet

unplug every connection you can find and they need to be air dried

using a blow gun or just left unplugged

it will start an run then, this is a normal occurrence

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Wayne,which connections will I need to un plug, after crawling under the motorhome, I see one plug to the transmission on the fwd left side, If I remember right that should be the VSS, there is also a harness about 4 inches behind the vss that has a firm plastic case around it, I dont know what else too un -plug.
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

Morning

yes unplug and dry/clean the trans plug

also you want the ones on the engine

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

Not the Poor/Bad service.