gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We are replacing dometic fridge but need to reverse the

Customer Question

We are replacing dometic fridge but need to reverse the doors. We can use the old latches from old fridge. We assume we turn the new doors upside down but when we do the screw holes are not in the black surrounding area to re attach the self latching handles. Any suggestions.
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: This problem doesn't pertain to the Rd. The fridge to replace is fine but the door issue is our problem
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's the refrigerator. We have the new one and need to change doors from Rh to lh. We have the brackets
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Some Dometic models take a hinge kit for moving them to the opposite side. What is this model and product number?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

J​ust checking back in to see if perhaps you might have missed by earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail most of us get every day! If you need me to resend that information please let know. Thanks!