RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a Winnebago journey (2005). the upper radiator hose

Customer Question
has slipped off the radiator...
I have a Winnebago journey (2005). the upper radiator hose has slipped off the radiator and I cannot reach it to put it back on, let alone tighten the clamp. What has to be removed to access this area.
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?
Customer: I have not seen any leaks but I have gotten a computer message of LOW COOLANT occasionally when going uphill. However, this time the engine got hot ( 217 degrees) and the tow car got sprayed. I accessed under the bed and saw the disconnected hose but I cannot reach it
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Why?
JA: What year is your Journey?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to reach the hose for about 2 hours before I gave up. I left it in LeVining and drove the tow car home and now I am searching for a solution.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 3 days by:
7/27/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately my info is not showing me what needs removed or moved to access this better but usually you want to remove any components that are in the way to then be able to reach and re attach it.I usually visually examine the area to determine what needs removed to then access it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician