gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

2015 dodge ram 3500. brakes do not work on a 40 ft trailer i

Customer Question

2015 dodge ram 3500 . brakes do not work on a 40 ft trailer i have turn singles and break lights on the trailer. but no brakes. has electric brakes . Ran new hot wire, new grounds. truck said to check trailer wire. and not connected .need brakes help.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fusses, new power wire from trailal plug to brakes. redid all grounds. checked truck plug no power. in each plug. I do have brake and turn signs on truck all so
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a small digital multimeter? That would be the quickest way to track down the problem here. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks