gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We have a 2017 Forest River RPod 180. We came home from 2

Customer Question

We have a 2017 Forest River RPod 180. We came home from 2 weeks on the road with no problems. I plugged into the home 120v system and we cleaned the trailer and left it plugged in for the last week, since we are scheduled to leave Monday for a short 4 day trip. I checked the trailer last night and nothing that runs through the DC system is working, completely dead; but the 120 is working (plugs, tv, microwave). I have checked breakers and all the fuses, which seem to be ok. There is no battery cut off, at least that I can see. Any ideas for me to check? Thank you!
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I have only seen the fuse panel which is located with the 120 breakers in one panel below the dinette,
JA: What is the model of your '17 Forest River?
Customer: It is the 180, the model with the full bath and single dinette, slide out kitchen. It is the earlier 2017 model, green exterior.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked 120v. breakers and removed and check all 12v fuses in the panel. All 120 systems (plugs, tv, microwave) have power to them.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

It will be a lot easier to check this out and find the problem if you have a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so and available at most hardware stores and easy to use. You might start by checking to be sure that the breakers are all flipped off and back on to insure that the converter is powered up. If that got turned off and the battery is totally drained that would explain this. We can test all that with a meter. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. I will be around all weekend.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Not hard to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend this please let me know. Thanks!