gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Need wiring info 2002 Intruder. Fuse is keeps blowing trying

Customer Question

Need wiring info 2002 Intruder
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes fuse is keeps blowing trying to trace wires need diagram or some info
JA: What is the model of your '02 RV?
Customer: getting my file
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Which fuse is blowing? That would help me know what to give you here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think it's one for slides outs
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I​s this in your load center or someplace else? And does it blow when you try to move the slideout?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no thinks I been in repairs business for 40 + years I thought I could get copies of wiring diagrams
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

T​hat may be due to a battery issue. Low voltage is one of the things that causes this. If the batteries are over 3 years old there is a good chance they may be failing. And if you aren't hooked up to shore power or have the generator running that makes that situation worse. Wiring diagrams may or may not be available, depending on which fuse this is.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

We have access to most of the systems diagrams, but not for the whole RV. Doubtful you can get those even from the OEM here. You can sometimes get a chassis Service Manual which covers that portion, but not systems added by the RV manufacturer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

If you can tell me exactly which fuse it is or the location and function, I may be able to offer more on this and the solution for you. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks