Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

E 4 error code on thermostat, it's a camper, 2015 Forest

Customer Question

E 4 error code on thermostat
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: it's a camper
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2015 Forest River Wildcat
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: don't know what to look for
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Which thermostat do you have? Is this a Dometic Single Zone or a Comfort Control II version?

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

D​o you have the User's Manual for this?

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I usually like to know exactly what I am working on here, but I an tell you that an "E-4" error is an open circuit or outdoor temp sensor fault on a heat pump version A/C and may be a defective part of just a bad connection were it comes into the control board. Only the heat pump portion is locked out. The air conditioner, fan and furnace modes will still work. If you need the User's Manual I can provide that once I know which thermostat you have. If you need more here please get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee and there is no time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just following up here on your question. I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response or did you get this resolved? Easy to do with the large amount of e-mail most of us get these days! If you need me to resend it, please let me know. Thanks