RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Coach used once, fridge worked great. Today 2nd trip and the…

Coach used once, fridge...

Coach used once, fridge worked great. Today 2nd trip and the fridge is cold, but the freezer isn't freezing. Food is starting to thaw. It is set on electric and is plugged into the 50amp. Gas light is flashing. It's a Norcold 811flt

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The green electric light is steady. The amber gas light flashes continually.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2017 Dutchman triton voltage

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Just noticed it this morning. Ran all night. We were going to leave in a couple of hours.

7/17/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is the trailer level? Does it work on AC mode? Manual gas valve on the rear of the fridge on?

J​ust checking back to see if perhaps you missed by earlier responses to your question? Not hard to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend that please let me know. Thanks!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification