RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My husband just bought a new keystone cougar 5th wheel and…

Customer Question
My husband just bought...

My husband just bought a new keystone cougar 5th wheel and he took it to the rv park and plugged it into the 50 amp plug-in. The a/c in the bed room works but everything in the kitchen or back part of the trailer are not working. It was working on the rv lot. Is there something he's not connecting to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

He does

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cougar?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is brand new off the lot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is nothing to fix

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
7/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

A​re you using any kind of power adapter on the shore cord? Did you check all the service breakers in your load center?

Sorry I didn't know you would going to help me via text. He has gone to shower at the park showers. I'll check with him when he returns

O​.K........have him provide the information I asked. We can go from there.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed my earlier responses to your question? Not hard to do considering the volume of e-mail most of us get every day! Maybe it ended up in your spam file. In any event, I would be happy to resend them if needed. If you already resolved this, I would appreciate you letting me know. Thanks!