Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2015 Coachman Class C Leprechan and the switch to

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Coachman Class C Leprechan and the switch to the water pump will not disconnect the power going to the water pump. The water pump works fine and shuts off when it should but you can not disconnect power with the switch. Switch has been replaced. You can disconnect all 3 wires from the switch and water pump still operates.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

Some coaches have two water pump switches that work off a latching controller. One or the other will work the pump. I suspect that is the problem. One is usually outside by the dump valves and that area. It gets used for the outside shower on most of these. See if that is the problem. If not, then get back to me and we can dig deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limits.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There is no other switch located by dump valves or the shower.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There is no other switch located outside
Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

There has to be one somewhere. This can't work otherwise. Sometimes they put one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There is no other visible switch anywhere
Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

I have no wiring or plumbing diagrams for this and getting them from Forest River is next to impossible. I will opt out of this and allow another tech to offer something if they can. They come and go as most of us have day jobs, so I don't know when that might be.