Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Gene, and My daughter has a Zinger TRA/REM ZT32QB13 camper.

Customer Question

Gene, My name is ***** ***** My daughter has a Zinger TRA/REM ZT32QB13 camper. I would like to find any information on how to replace the water heater. It is an Atwood 6 gallon, model number is ***** Also if possible would like to know any information on the bathroom stool. Where the water line connects to the back of the stool has broke off. The info I could find on the stool says; Thetford corp, model 31688, AM5 Hi Foot Parch Tray Union. Hopefully you understand what I am asking for. We live just out side the city limits of Bismarck ND..
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: I was trying to see if there where any water leaks in the trailor and flush out any coolant left in the lines, But as soon as I turned on the water the problem with the stool showed up. Didn't get any farther than that. The water heater problem already existed.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: TRA/ REM ZT32QB13
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm trying fix it if I can and save them some money. I've only attempted what I have explained to you.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mainly where I might find any part numbers and diagrams if possible.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

W​hy does the water heater need replacing? If this has frozen and split the tank it can be repaired. If the toilet valve has frozen it will need to be replaced. The toilet comes off to access the valve. If you give me a make and model of that I can offer more here and some part numbers. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

See the attached link to the Atwood Water Heater Service Manual. Print this out so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

In my shop a burst tank costs about $150 to take out and weld up. A new tank is about $195 and takes about an hour to change out. A new water heater is about $450 or more.