Joe
Joe, RV Technician
Experience:  Associates Degree in Automotive Technology , 18+ years as RV and Commercial Bus Technician
20245751

I am getting an ABS warning. Brakes work fine and local GM

Customer Question

I am getting an ABS warning. Brakes work fine and local GM dealer can no longer get any info on the Workhorse chassis
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: Brakes were replaced in 2011 in the total recall. Have not checked the fluid. Is it in the resevour behind the grill?
JA: What is the model of your '11 RV?
Customer: It is a 2005 National Dolphin
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. It was at the local GM dlr truck shop. They have a Workhorse mechanic, however,no access to codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: RV
Expert:  Joe replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is Joe

Your Workhorse chassis has a Wabco hydraulic brake system.

The ABS data and fault codes can be read easily with a "TECH 2" scan tool. The "TECH 2" scan tool has been the standard factory / dealer scan tool for many years.

Your ABS warning is most likely being caused by a defective or damaged wheel speed sensor, but you just need to find a shop or technician who has the correct scan tool to read the data from the OBDII data connection under the dash.

Joe

Expert:  Joe replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need any clarification on something which I stated above.
Please remember to rate my service, so I can receive credit for my help.
-Joe