Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My interior lights led flicker, no i dont have a manual,

Customer Question

my interior lights led flicker
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: no i dont have a manual
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 laredo 330rl
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked both battery and converter and both are at 13.82 i checked with lights on battery only and 110 only there is no problem on battery just on 110 the lights wil flicker when just the lights themselves are on but when i turn all switches at 12 volt lights and water pump they quit flickering and I can hear the converter come on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok ask away
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Most newer models on these RVs have converters with multiple charging voltages and LED lights are especially sensitive to voltage fluctuations. I suspect that when the converter moves from one stage to another as in higher voltage for charging the batteries, they flicker. I have all LED lights in my house and I live off-grid and have the same issue when the generator kicks on. The fan coming on indicates that the converter has increased the charging voltage due to the decrease in voltage at the batteries. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

This should have had two batteries installed by the dealer and many only put in one so they can save money. Adding another battery would help keep this from happening as often, especially if you are dry camping. And then some solar panels on the roof would pretty much eliminate that altogether.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you might have missed my previous responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail most of us get every day. Or perhaps it ended up in your spam file. In any event, I would be happy to resend it and help you resolve this issue. Thanks!