Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

While driving in the mountains, smoke was emitted from the

While driving in the mountains, smoke was emitted from the vehicle (has a 5-speed Allison transmission RV). When the overdrive switch is activated to "off," smoke is emitted while driving. Any suggestions?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: 72,985; no loss of oil or coolant
JA: What is the model of your '72 transmissions?
Customer: 72? We have a 5-speed Allison
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No; on 1st day of vacation; PS, I'm female, so may not understand some of your questions?) Transmission is in my motorhome
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Want to know if the overdrive switch affects the transmission oil
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

No, it doesn't. That is a condition due to the engine loading up some due to the change in RPM. You may need a good tuneup or at least some new filters. Next time you can get into a Service Center have them check those things. Best to keep the RPM up some and not allow the engine to lug down on hills. Hope this helps some here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, thank you.

You are most welcome! I think if you use some fuel additive and get some new filters on the fuel and air systems this would help. Please take the time to enter in a Star Rating as that is the only way I get credit from the site for the time spent assisting you here. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Randall, we did get your response, thank you very much.Sandra

You are most welcome, Sandra! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. And it would be appreciated if you would take the time to enter in a Star Rating as that is the only way I get credit from the site for the time spent on your question. Thanks!