Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Raining, Awning on rv will not retractfore, Rock roo 233s,

Customer Question

Raining
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Awning on rv will not retractfore
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Rock wood roo 233s
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looking for a fuse just. Tics but won engages there something in the main panel that would have any effect
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: Checking now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are plugged into the house in between trips . All power sources work and we went to retract the awning after drying it out and it will not retract
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

What is the make and model of the awning? Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's on a 2015 hybrid. Isssume it's the one that came with the trailer
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I have no way of knowing what was installed on this? No manual given to you? Both Dometic and Carefree make more than one model. I would start by checking for power into the switch with a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. You may need a length of wire with an alligator clip on each end for a ground on the meter as there may not be a good one near the switch. They may or may not have installed a fuse. It may be on a shortstop breaker and those are usually by the batteries. They have a reset button on the end that you push to reset it. I have attached a photo link of one so you know what you are looking for. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=BqT81%2fi2&id=8D4939A7F0965679E3E29C89B963B0D9C24CDC15&thid=OIP.BqT81_i2snOEu0WIlAltMAEsEY&q=shortstop+breaker+photo&simid=608020010372497820&selectedIndex=0

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Please get back to me when you are ready to test and I can direct you further. All follow ups are include in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

J​ust checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed my earlier responses to your question a few days ago? Easy enough to do with the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! And sometimes these end up in your spam file. Please let me know if I need to resend this information and answer to your question. Thanks!