gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We first lfost al 12v power. replaces converter. 12v seemed

Customer Question

we first lfost al 12v power. replaces converter. 12v seemed to be OK then lost 12v and 110
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: tech checked all inputs, etc...is next step to go into the break box and check there?
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2010 Carriage
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my newt ech determined 12v system was out due to inverter. replace it.then all power went away, including 12v and 110v
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i cant think of anything this has gone of for several weeks due to tech having truck issues of his own and the difficulty in determining what is wrong it has also caused us to make changes in our yearly summer trip we are running out of time
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: do see arrow
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the full model information and chassis information for your RV?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Cameo 36FLS
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
changed my mind

I do not have the manual for that model but I can opt out and maybe another expert may be able to pick up the question if you still need help.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 days ago.

Hi........my name is ***** ***** I have an RV shop and work on these all the time. May I have the make and model of you load center and the brand and size of the converter or inverter/charger you purchased? You will need to have a small digital multimeter for some testing. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can guide you in the testing. All follow ups are included in our fee. I can offer a phone chat for you as some customers prefer this.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 days ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you might have missed my previous responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail most of us get every day. Or perhaps it ended up in your spam file. In any event, I would be happy to resend it and help you resolve this issue. Thanks!