peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1999 Monaco D, thank you for your reply. Yes I am

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Monaco D
JA: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hi Pearl
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thank you for your reply. Yes I am fairly handy and am trying this myself. I ably need power to hook up the Tadi Brothers back up cameras. These cameras are wireless and the rest should look after itself. Is there a power wire I would be able to attach to?
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: Aftermarket
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
While I have your attention .. could I ask another question? I needed to replace the right side mirror. When I took the bolts out I discovered they were getting stripped and now do not hold the new mirror. How do either bolts or whatever is there behind the fibreglass? It is full of foam insulation there
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If your model has trailer wiring see if there is a power source you can tap into in the trailer wiring to resolve this issue here.If this is or was checked already and there is no power source let me know.

The bolts may have threaded into a plate behind the fiber glass and the bolts most likely stripped due to being a softer metal then the plate.I would see if you can obtain new bolts and see if they thread in properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete