Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2006 Fourwinds hyd slide motor will run to pull it in but

Customer Question

2006 Fourwinds hyd slide motor will run to pull it in but not to push it out the electric valve is opening
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: 19000 no leaks
JA: What is the model of your '06 RV?
Customer: Fourwinds Chateau
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and pump side seams to be OK, Switch works but power from the switch to the pump does not have continuity for out position only in, is there some safety lock out that maybe malfunctioning like a park sensor or ignition sensor?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is about it
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

W​hose system is this? It sounds like this in the switch or control.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Not a 100% sure but it runs the hyd levlers and one slide
Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

I​t should say on the switch or on the motor. These OEMs use a variety of systems. Most would be either HWH or Lippert/Power Gear.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
not near the unit so I can not answer, but pump works fine for all leveling and slide in just not the out the motor will not run but valve opens
Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

If the motor will not run in the "Out" mode, then it is the switch OR the trombetta solenoid at the pump. Put some good power to that at the pump and see if that works. If so, you know it is in the switch OR wiring from the switch. Attach a photo of your pump and motor area so I can see and then I can tell what you have. All follow ups are included in our fee. Adding a rating does not prevent further assistance from me nor does it close the question.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
As I said before the switch is fine, but some where in the harness there must be a safety lock out I was looking for options on where that maybe or hooked to, I have checked all the fuses (only one wire comes to the pump and it has power in the other positions just not the slide out position, Where (with out ripping the entire RV apart would they connect into a safety)
Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

T​here is no "safety" as you describe. The problem is as I described it to you based on the information you provided. I have worked on these many years and those are the two areas you need to address here. Use a small digital multimeter and check the incoming DC voltage AT the pump when "Extend" is hit on the switch. If that is over 11 VDC then the trombetta solenoid is problem the problem and that can be tested as I described earlier.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

If that were the issue, the room wouldn't move in either direction. Once I know whose system you have I can provide more here.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Solenoid and pump are fine as sated only one wire leads to it but the switch has two separate wires along with another from the leveling system, being three going into the harness and only one coming out where might that juncture be located ( as for the safety you can not put it in drive with the jacks down, the side step pulls in when if locked out if you put it in drive thought the slide may have something similar that is malfunctioning).
Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

I will go ahead and opt out of this and allow another tech to offer something for you. They come and go as most, like me have day jobs so I don't know when that might be.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I Found the problem on the "equalizer system" that runs the slide has an ignition lock out "safety relay" a wire (by the rear axle of the unit of all places) was corroded, replaced the end works like a charm