gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I need to replace the Norcold 9162 refrigerator/control unit

Customer Question

I need to replace the Norcold 9162 refrigerator/control unit that plugs in on the front of the refrigerator. It lights up but it doesn't let me make any selections or changes. I hope that's the problem and not the unit in the back?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The board in the front that lets you select the on/off, temp set,mode,ac,lp gas,battery and such.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1996 Wanderer I believe.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. It looks like a simple board replacement. I haven't tried anything else at this time.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it for now thanks.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 15 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 15 days ago.

I need the part number off that optical and the part number off the rear control board. I believe this comes as a kit now and perhaps I can find you someone to rebuild that if not too damaged. Please give me the Product Number off the data tag as well. All follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected. I will send you a link to a copy of the Service Manual later so you can test the lower board and make sure that isn't the problem.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 days ago.

J​ust checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed my earlier responses to your question a few days ago? Easy enough to do with the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! And sometimes these end up in your spam file. Please let me know if I need to resend this information and answer to your question. Thanks!