RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a Dometic DuoTherm A/C unit on our 5th wheel with a…

Customer Question
We have a Dometic...

We have a Dometic DuoTherm A/C unit on our 5th wheel with a heat strip. Model # 57915.522C Product ####-##-####Serial # 01731151, It is an ADB (Air Distribution Box with controls on it. The air comes out through vents in the front and back. We have had it for 16 years and the fan motor is now cutting out, but it still cools when the fan is running. However, we are thinking of replacing the whole unit. The sticker on the can on the roof part is mostly faded. The only #s I could see are 00:03:29 5 31. What model would we replace this with and what are all the parts we would need? My New Horizons dealer in Junction City, KS, says that the unit would come with a gasket seal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Yes. This is on a 5th wheel--not a motor home.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2001 New Horizon 5th wheel--rear kitchen. F31RKSS1

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Horizon yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are having a repairman come out, but just need to know what A/C unit to replace it with. I've given you all the information that the technician will need to give us the answer of what unit will work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. The first paragraph should give him all the information he needs.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
7/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

To tell you the truth, the older ones are better than the newer units and I would go ahead and repair this one. Some of the new units are not lasting more than a few years. Would you like some part numbers or are you still set on a new one. That would be a BriskAir II model. About $600 or so depending on where you get it. Let me know if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit

J​ust checking back in to see if perhaps you may have missed my earlier responses to your question a few days ago? Easy enough to do with the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! And sometimes these end up in your spam file. Please let me know if I need to resend this information and answer to your question. Thanks!